December 15, 2006

Recovered. Alhamdulillah.

Idah came over today and we did our research together. We are covering 'Al-Jinn' as our topic for this sunday's lesson. I wouldn't say we'd go too deep but it's quite a discovery. Firstly, it cleared my misconception about Jinn and Shayateen. They both actually fall in the same err category.

"I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me" [Surah Ad-Dhariyat, 51:56]

Jinn and mankind.

As we all know there are 2 types of Jinn ryt? One a believer n the other a non-believer. Due to their fiery nature, most of them are non-muslims. Of those they are also called Syaitan. Like mentioned earlier, there are also muslim Jinn. The first of them embraced Islam in the time of Rasulullah upon hearing the recitation of the Quran. There are other several interesting things about them. Do u know that in Morocco you could see ablazing shooting stars? It is related to Jinn. These Jinn always try to steal as much secrets of the Heaven. They would go to the lowest Heaven and listen to the conversation of the Angels.

"And We have guarded it (the heavens) from every accursed devil, except one who is able to snatch a hearing and he is pursued by a brightly burning flame" [Surah Al-Hijr, 15:18]

Making a wish upon shooting stars? Don't bother;)

You may visit this site to read more. I can't wait to share with my students. heh. If my findings are not accurate do correct me! For I am still learning=))

After maghrib, Aminah called and asked us to join her catch a movie. huhur. I wasn't so enthusiatic about catching a movie at first. But kesian plak...she was alone n bored. So off we went to watch Eragon. And it was not a disappoinment at all! People, if you love Harry Potter, LOTR, even Narnia, go watch it. Worth every penny=)

It has some magic elements in it. Claimed to be from the dragon. I was relating to 'Jinn' throughout the movie. heh. A quote frm Eragon:

1 part brave, 3 parts fool.

Eragon soundtrack, Keep Holding On, is simply motivating=D

With you by my side
I will fight and defend
Keep holding on
Cause you know we'll make it through.
****
A very good fren of mine said, be with someone u need, not neccessarily u want.

No comments: